Mollywogger

"If television's a babysitter, the internet's a drunk librarian who won't shut up."

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Whenever two or more of you are gathered in my name . . .

. . . there is love. Oh, and I feel that love -- thanks to Angela, Pru, and The Duke for their comments. Good to know that people care and that other mothers are as bizarre as mine.

Well, ya'll, I pulled a Pru on Friday and got my period mere minutes after taking a pregnancy test. Ok, well, it wasn't so much minutes as much as two hours, but I wanted to share in that "Why the hell did I waste that $9 pregnancy test?!" moment with her. Besides, hours are, technically, minutes.

(That reminds me of the King of the Hill episode where Hank Hill is trying convince a customer to buy a grill from Strickland's Propane rather than the local Mega Lo Mart:

Customer: Do you honor Mega Lo Mart Coupons?
Hank: No, but for pennies more, you get the same products with Strickland service.
Customer: How many pennies?
Hank: Uh . . . several hundred.)

So, no, I'm not pregnant. And might I add that Friday was day 23 of my cycle. I had a 23 day cycle! 9 day luteal phase! What kind of a weirdo has a 23 day cycle! I suppose I'm still "settling in" to my normal cycle after 4 years on the pill - 31 in December, 23 last month. Let's hope we come upon a happy medium soon.

As much as I am baffled by my supershort cycle, I am also somewhat glad that it was short because I was at the end of my period when I went in for my much-anticipated annual pap smear. Every year I pull myself in to see Dr. Stunning, my absolutely gorgeous 32-year-old physician. She is looks like a character in a Bollywood movie - long, glossy black hair, amber eyes, perfect teeth and cocoa skin, petite, lithe frame. This time, to add to my envy, she was also 6 months pregnant. Hmm. Sucks to be her. As I left, after some intimate time with the speculum, she said, "Well, next time I see you you might have a little baby with you!" Now that I've read all of these infertility blogs, all I can think is "That's awfully optimistic of you," though I know that that may be true, since the majority of people do conceive in the first 6 months of trying, and we're in month 3. However, my "infertility radar" is on lately, and I find myself being hyper-aware as a result.

More tomorrow, if I find the time. Must tell you about the INCREDIBLY CHEESY song I had to sing at a wedding on Saturday. *shudder*

2 Comments:

  • At 2:22 PM , Blogger MsPrufrock said...

    I was going to say, "Hurray! I'm not alone in the whole period right after hpt thing.", but that's very mean-spirited and selfish of me I know. Sorry the test wasn't positive, and indeed it is a sad waste of $9. As we're quoting Hank Hill, it's unrelated completely, but I like, "Bobby, it is illegal to marry a plastic head in the state of Texas." Sometimes I do wonder though...

     
  • At 6:13 PM , Blogger Mollywogger said...

    Love King of the Hill. One of my favorite quote sites:

    http://www.geocities.com/arlen_texas/kothquotes.htm

    I do appreciate people who take the time to write these down.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home